Before Dolphin begins to improve your home’s comfort level, we first figure out the sources of your discomfort. A home is a complex system that requires all of its parts to be working correctly in order for you to be happy with the inside temperature. We look at the whole house system, find the problems, and figure out the most efficient way to fix them.
If you’re thinking about investing in a new heating and cooling system, make sure you consult with the professionals and do your research. Contractors can perform a diagnostic test in your home. This means that they figure out the appropriate heating and cooling system for your home, based on your home’s needs and the price of the system. If you do not request a diagnostic test, you could end up purchasing an expensive system that is either too large or too small for your home, both of which are inefficient for your home and for your wallet. These tests are usually coupled with computerized equipment-sizing calculations, which leave no room for error in calculations—the numbers don’t lie.
If you’re unsure of whether or not your home needs work done, consider the following sources of discomfort:
- If you have unwanted hot or cold spots in your home, this is a problem that insulation and air sealing will fix.
- For example, if your room above the garage tends to be cold in the winter and hot in the summer, insulation and air sealing provide a barrier between the garage temperature and the inside of your home. This keeps the inside of your home at a single, controllable temperature.
- If your air always seems to be either too dry or too wet, insulation and air sealing will help fix this problem.
- Moisture travels through the air, so if you have leaks in your home you could be losing moisture of welcoming it in. Air sealing gives you control over the moisture levels in your home. Improper humidity control causes dry skin and static in the winter and mildew and mold in the summer. All of these problems are completely preventable.
- The last major red flag that your home needs work done: your bills are too high.
- Most homes waste 25-40% of the energy used by heating and cooling systems simply because the home is not a sealed system. When you insulate and air seal your home, the air that your heating and cooling systems work to control is jus the air inside your home. Without insulation and air sealing, your air conditioner is currently working to cool a house that is letting out 25-40% of the cool air that it pumps inside.
Dolphin refers to the “Four P’s” when we look at your home’s insulation and air sealing needs. We figure out how to best solve the Problems in your home that require fixing; we consider the Products that we will use to seal your home; we introduce you to the People who will be working on improving your home; we give you the choice of three levels of Prices and explain each quote. Get started on the four P’s to take control of your own comfort inside your home.